Thrust Group 3 spins off a Phase II NFI CCI (9/2011): Center for Sustainable Materials Chemistry
Chih-Hung Chang and Wei Wang. Invention Disclosure Solution-based process for making inorganic materials was just awarded US Patent 8,236,599 (Aug 07, 2012).
David M. Browning, James R. Curtis, Goran Jovanovic, Brian Kevin Paul, and Sundar Atre. US Patent 8,128,822, MECS Dialyzer (March 06, 2012).
Goran Jovanovic, Sundar V. Atre, Brian Kevin Paul, John Simonsen, Vincent Thomas Remcho, and Chih-Hung Chang. US Patent 8,37,544, MICROFLUIDIC DEVICES, PARTICULARLY FILTRATION DEVICES COMPRISING POLYMERIC MEMBRANES (March 20, 2012).
Greg Herman, Peter Mardilovich, Chinmay Betrabet, Chih-hung Chang, Yu-jen Chang, Doo-Hyoung Lee, and Mark W. Hoskins. US Patent 8,143,616 Making A Structure (March 27, 2012).
- Stacey Harper wins the L.L. Stewart Faculty Scholars award at OSU, 6/2012
- Robert Tanguay received Distinguished Professor award at OSU, 3/2011
- Doug Keszler received Distinguished Professor award at OSU, 6/2008
- Richard Taylor honored with the 2010 Thomas F. Herman Faculty Achievement Award for Distinguished Teaching.
- Galya Orr was recognized as a DOE Outstanding Mentor and as a nominee for the Fitzner-Eberhardt award.
- James E. Hutchison, Department of Chemistry & Materials Science Institute, Director SNNI, University of Oregon
- Mark Longergan is one of the first two reciepients to receive funding through private gifts to the University Venture Development Fund (UVDF), a state income tax credit program designed to help move research discoveries to the marketplace.
- Stacey Harper, Department of Environmental and Molecular Toxicology and Chemical, Biological & Environmental Engineering, Oregon State University
- 2011: Outstanding New Environmental Scientist from the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences ($1.9 Million)
- 2009: Named Vice-Chair of the ASTM E56 Committee on Nanotechnology
- 2008: Environmental Science Communication Fellowship
- 2007: Best Platform Presentation at the Pacific Northwest Association of Toxicologists annual meeting in September 2007
- David Johnson, Department of Chemistry & Materials Science Institute University of Oregon
- 2007 named Haughland Chair of Chemistry
- 2006 Outstanding Scientist Award, Oregon Academy of Science
- Rick Glover won best poster in the Environmental exposures/Green Nano poster session at the Environmental Nanotechnology Gordon Research in 2011 (Advisor: Jim Hutchison, UO)
- Lisa Truong won a Ruth Kirschstein National Research Service Award (NRSA); funded for 3 years by NIEHS at $33,000 a year (Advisor: Robert Tanguay, OSU)
- Lallie McKenzie, Department of Chemistry, UO won the 2008 Kenneth G. Hancock Memorial Award for green chemistry, becoming the second national winner from Jim Hutchison's green chemistry/nanotechnology laboratory (Advisor: Jim Hutchison, UO)
- Clayton Jefferies, Department of Chemical Engineering, OSU won best paper award. "Two-stage bioreactor culture of the pennate diatom Pinnularia for the fabrication of a TiO2-based solar cell. 22nd Northwest Algal Symposium, U. Oregon Institute of Marine Biology, Charleston, OR, April 5th, 2008 (Advisor: Greg Rorrer, OSU)
Dune Sciences | Inpria | Floragenex | MicroflowCVO